Google Drive Integration in Canvas
All users can easily access their Google Drive files directly in Canvas as well as leverage the usability of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides. Users can still access their Google Drive files outside of Canvas.
Accessing Google Drive in Canvas
Rich Content Editor
Access Google Drive
the rich content editor is available.
Access Google Drive from the course navigation if enabled.
Access Google Drive as an
external tool submission type.
Access Google Drive to
on Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
Authorize/Disconnect your Google Drive
You will be asked to sign into your Google account the first time you access Google Drive in Canvas.
- Authorize the Google Drive integration with your WCPSS Google account.
- Disconnect the Google Drive integration if you authorized the wrong Google account.
- Instructions for authorization and disconnecting (PDF).
- Users can still access and manage files directly in Google Drive.
- Functionality for Google Forms is not currently not part of this tool.
- Submitting an assignment creates a snapshot in time of the item when submitted.
- Disconnect the Google Drive integration (PDF).
- Sign out of all Google accounts, personal and work.
- Clear your browser cache, cookies, and history (ctrl+shift+del for Chrome and Firefox).
- Authorize the Google Drive integration with your WCPSS Google account (PDF).